This post is pretty straight forward, these are the top ten things that I think every woman needs in her wardrobe this Spring and Summer! Read on if you’re interested in learning about the latest fads, or if you just like looking at pictures!
10. A bright bag. Whether it’s a satchel, or a tote! Everyone loves a pop of color, no matter what other colors you’re wearing the bright colored bag will draw attention to your outfit and will make your look so much more fun! This season, fortunately, it seems like almost every color is in style, so choose a bag in your favorite color (it’ll make it a little more ‘you’).
9. A patterned button-up. Pattern button-ups can go with any occasion, working, shopping, or going for stroll downtown. Patterns are fun, and button-up blouses make the patterned top not look ‘childish’, but chic.
8. A statement necklace. With a statement necklace you can change a work outfit to an evening outfit with just an accessory. Sometimes all an outfit needs for a little kick is a bright chunky necklace… That is all.
7. Neon heels or flats. I am obsessed with everything neon right now, especially neon shoes! They are very bold and you have to wear them with confidence, but once you got it you will own that entire outfit… Trust me.
6. Plaid! As far as I’m concerned, every wardrobe needs at least one plaid shirt because plaid is ALWAYS in style. You can pretty much wear it any way, that’s what makes it fun! For example, one day you could go for a grunge-type look and the next day you could go a little more chic. It all depends how you style it, of course.
5. The skater skirt. Okay so my goal this season is to obtain as many skater skirts in as many colors/patterns as possible. The skater skirt is very popular this year, it’s fun and flirty and can work with any outfit!
4. High-waisted shorts. Of course high-waisted shorts are the most popular shorts right now, but instead of buying the typical jean high-waisted shorts buy a patterned high-waist short this Summer and take a step out of the box.
3. Classic jean shirt. Jean shirts go with any outfit and if the weather is being a little unpredictable, a jean shirt is perfect for any Spring or Summer weather. Can be styled beautifully with a statement necklace or a dainty necklace (depending on your outfit).
2. A dainty necklace. Yes I will admit that I looove chunky bright necklaces but every once in a while it’s nice to be subtle with jewelry. I love pairing a dainty necklace with another statement accessory (such as a neon shoe, a bright clutch or a powerful top). Dainty necklaces are also great to wear if you’re just wearing a low-key outfit that’s not too dramatic. If you want you can even layer dainty necklaces!).
1. Sunglasses. Oh no the sun’s in your eyes? Why don’t you take out your super stylish ginormous sassy shades to tell off the sun? Sunglasses of course, are an accessory that everyone wears in the Spring/Summer time when the sun really shines. Why not protect your beautiful eyes with beautiful sunglasses? Duh! This Summer what’s really in is big round sunglasses (yes they look very 70’s vintage, but they’re awesome), and colored rim sunglasses… y’all know how I feel about a pop of color.
Penny for my thoughts? Basically, everyone needs to be wearing more color! Yes I love my black, whites and grey’s, I will admit it. But this season I made a rule for myself to only buy things of color, whether it’s a pastel or a neon, I need a little more color in my life. (It makes the world seem a little brighter). Even though it’s extremely difficult not to buy a really cute black top, AVOID IT, go for something with color, y’all should make it a rule for yourselves too!!
Thanks for reading!!